Monday, July 16, 2012

The Block.

It's been a long time... I shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to. ;)

I actually pulled the inspiration for this poem upon re-reading about my lack of inspiration when I started this blog. Ironic, yea?

This one's called Cursed Words.

I lack inspiration.
That euphoric moment of brilliance
That serves as my soul's lifeline -
My anarchy against monotony,
Only comes once in a quasi lifetime.

You see,
I find myself often poised
Pen in hand, room devoid of noise
Waiting for the river of inertia to run its course
For torrents of genius to be put forth
AND THEN....................

..........nothing.

Then all at once I can withstand no more
This hell of complacency
With no urgence for
The truth to escape
The orgasmic soul quiver
My spirits set free
My thoughts delivered
From mind
To fingers
Through the ink
And into the world.

Such a promising notion,
This magical potion...
...but I seem to have misplaced the formula.

So day after motherloving day,
As weeks turn to months,
And months into seasons
No story to tell, no rhyme to reason
Pass the hours
Head home
Take a hit of treason
And rinse... And repeat.

So what to do,
This artist with no avenue
Searching for the perfect storm
Of mind, body, spirit
Torn just enough
To evoke masterpiece potential.

So I begin to let my meditations go wandering
The blank page calling
It's lines staring dauntingly.
Calling to be filled
Yearning to be enlightened
Taunting me
Teasing me
Seducing me
Fighting me.

Like a mathematician who can't sort the numbers
Or a lightening bolt who can't hear it's thunder
Is this massive anville
I can't seem to escape from under.

So I take form back to elementary days
Brainstorming, outlining
The institutional way.
Feels as though I was out sick the day
The lesson was taught on creativity.

So I begin to model my mind's sequences
In my favorite way -
Unconventional frequencies.
My muses drift closer and closer to surface
To try and spring forth that second of purpose.

AND THEN as if it had surged imminently
My language finds dwelling
My redeemers ministry
The words scream so loud,
they'd been so suppressed
They twist and they spin,
Revealed and undressed
Finality! The delicious feat...
The poet's supreme splendor -
Simply - complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment